How did we become a Top-100 Employer? Great people and big ideas.
What we like
- Big ideas
- Having fun
What we don't like
- Prima donnas
- Show current job openings
Leader of Practice Resources National General Application National Intermediate Electrical Engineer Vancouver Architectural Technologist (REVIT) Vancouver Senior Administrative Assistant – Contract Vancouver Senior Electrical Engineer Vancouver Lead Software Engineer Toronto Interior Designer – Workplace Toronto Intermediate Structural Technologist – REVIT Calgary Regional Communications Specialist – 14 month contract Calgary Experienced Architectural Technologist Edmonton Senior Architectural Technologist Edmonton Intermediate Mechanical Technologist Edmonton Contract Administrator Edmonton Intermediate Interior Designer San Francisco
DIALOG Total Rewards
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salaries reviewed annually
- Bonus eligibility for registered professionals and management
- RRSP retirement plan with employer match
- Transit subsidy programs in some studios
- Local fitness club discounts in Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto
- Open concept work environment
- Monthly social events in each studio
- Annual Summer and Winter events like our Edmonton Street Hockey Tournament (watch video)
- Volunteer/charitable activities
- December holidays office closure
- Sustainability teams within each studio
Performance & Recognition
- Personalized development plans
- Yearly goal-setting conversation with direct managers and senior leaders
- Quarterly coaching sessions and feedback provided on the job
- Vacation Buy-Up – additional vacation time available for purchase
- Awards and Events to recognize employee milestones
- Internal scholarship awarded annually
- LEED® accreditation recognition
- Integrateducation online courses, training, and weekly Lunch & Learn sessions
- Leadership Program with online Portal, workshops, tools and blog
- Integrated multi-disciplinary design projects
- Design Technology support with access to BIM training
- Mentoring Program to support employees in career growth
- Financial support for professional development, membership and registration
Challenging our people
Good ideas can come from anywhere. As one of Canada’s Top-100 employers, we know that the creative, collaborative energy integral to our success comes from engaged people, no matter what their role in DIALOG. We are committed to continuous learning and educational programs, and training and mentoring are a key part of our culture. We don’t believe in making people wade through a mound of policies and bureaucracy to get their jobs done, rather we believe in empowering people to make decisions that work. From amazing open concept, accessible offices to a flat organizational structure to a company-wide mandate to have fun, DIALOG, simply put, is a great place to work.
In Spring 2017, the associates across all of our studios worked together for a full day on initiatives designed to foster collaboration and encourage the development of innovative ideas. Sounds vague, maybe, but that was the point.
Their mission: They can work on whatever they want, with whomever they want, however they want. One stipulation: it should be for the betterment of DIALOG and our community.
Our award-winning education program has been designed to enhance the collaborative and integrated way we work, foster creativity and give our people the tools they need to constantly improve. The curriculum features a weekly workshop at each studio with internal and external speakers.
The $7,500 prize, awarded annually, funds expenses related to any DIALOG employee’s Iris Prize submission. This includes two weeks paid leave to conduct field research in an area of personal interest, relevant to the practice of architecture, engineering, interior design, planning, or urban design.
We believe it is important to nurture talent, and we have been investing in future leaders since 1984. Our scholarships are awarded to several disciplines including Architecture, Urban Design, Structural Engineering and Technology.
- Donald Tong Graduate Scholarship in Structural Engineering
- Scholarship in Honour of Michael Evamy (Architecture)
- Gordon F. Anderson DIALOG Graduate Scholarship in Structural Engineering
- Structural Design Scholarship & Competition in Structural Engineering
- CIVE 479 Structural Design Project Competition
- NAIT Technology Scholarships
- Scholarship in Urban Design
- Design Residency in Honour of Tom Sutherland