Community Engagement Specialist
About the role:
At DIALOG, we’re a community of interdisciplinary designers that wants to become the pre-eminent Canadian design practice that improves communities globally. You’ll help strengthen our community by focusing on internal communications and engagement as an enabler of our culture, our leadership, and our Strategic Framework. Through storytelling and connecting people through conversation, our goals are to engage, inform, align, enable, and to inspire DIALOGers to act. You’ll develop and deliver on a communications strategy, including an annual calendar, and a wide range of communications initiatives, delivered through a diverse set of channels, with the overarching goal to create community. This role partners with the National Director Human Resources & Internal Communications and collaborates with a broad set of stakeholders. To be successful, you’ll rely on your strong writing skills and creativity developed through experiences in a similar role.
How you’ll make a difference:
- You’ll help develop a community engagement and communications strategy and will own the development and delivery of the supporting initiatives through a variety of live and digital channels, that embody our values of diversity, aspiration, optimism, and collaboration.
- You’ll build strong collaborative relationships with DIALOGers and through guidance, tools, and tactical support, you’ll help us achieve an authentic voice in targeted communications that: inform our people about important relevant topics; create rich, meaningful conversations; facilitate engaging and inspiring storytelling; and, act as catalyst to bring Our Purpose to life and inspire DIALOGers with a call to action to drive towards our Future State.
- You’ll collaborate with DIALOGers to help deliver on key projects such as a modern intranet that facilitates communications, knowledge sharing, conversation, and helps connect and unify DIALOGers across our studios.
Who you are:
- You have 3 or more years of experience in building communities and internal communications
- You have a post-secondary education in communications, journalism, or a related field
- You’ve got the ability and drive to build communications capability in a collaborative, cross-functional organization
- You are well-versed in modern channels and technologies and how they best facilitate internal communications
- You’ve got a track record of delivering new ways to inform, engage, and inspire people to come together to act with a purpose that achieves the desired outcomes
- You’re able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, coordinating a broad range of stakeholders from senior-level partners to early career professionals and external resources, as required
- You’ve worked in a large firm with a distributed workforce, preferably in professional services or consulting
Ready to start your journey?
Submit your resume along with samples that shows your best work relevant to the role.
DIALOG is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and DIALOG’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations are available upon request for candidates throughout the selection process.Apply Now ▹