About the role:
We’re currently looking for an experience Architectural Contract Administrator to work from our Vancouver studio. In this role you will be working with a Contract Administration team of seven to support our Architectural group.
We are a busy, city building firm, working on many exciting projects, including, Vancouver House and the Calgary Cancer Centre. You will have the opportunity to work in a Multi-Disciplinary firm and, most importantly, you will complete our CA team.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Chair start-up meetings and regular construction meetings with contractors and owners
- Establish job protocol and lines of communication between owner, architect, engineers, contractor, subcontractors (if applicable), and vendors (if applicable)
- Review construction site for general conformance of the contract documents and enforce all aspects of the contract
- Monitor and review contract progress, validate Progress Claims
- Respond to requests for information and provide quick consultations, solving problems as they arise
- Manage all contract communication including Supplemental Instructions, Proposed Change Notices, Change Orders, Change Directives, Submittals, etc.
- Review change quotations, or delay claims for fair pricing and schedule extension;
- Be proactive in making recommendations to Owner and maintaining documentation so contract can be fairly enforced
- Provide impartial guidance to resolve conflict or negotiations in a fair and reasonable outcome to all parties
- Review As-built drawings and O&M manuals
- Provide feedback on any design-related changes/issues
- Mentor and develop junior team members
Who you are:
- Must possess a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience as a technologist with proven experience using REVIT.
- Background in both Architectural and Structural Contract Administration preferred
- Proficient in project field reporting, field reviews, payment certification, site document processing (CCN/RFI/SI) and contract change procedures
- Strong building science background with an excellent understanding of construction process, methods and materials
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of maintaining high quality standards while working within tight deadlines
- An in-depth knowledge of building codes and construction procedures
- Compelling interpersonal skills and effective written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations with a high degree of professionalism and composure
- Trusted advisor to clients and team
- A comprehensive knowledge of relevant engineering, pertinent legislation and standards
- A thorough knowledge of procurement and contracting principles, methods, procedures and practices including contract administration relating to changes, claims and delays
- Strong working knowledge of REVIT, Microsoft, Bluebeam
- Knowledge of Onware considered an asset
- A vehicle and driver’s license are required
Ready to start your journey?
Submit your resume and cover letter through our website by clicking the Apply Now button.Apply Now ▹