Senior Retail Architect – Calgary
DIALOG is a fully integrated multi-disciplinary design firm incorporating architectural, engineering, interior design, landscape architecture, sustainability, urban design and planning services. Our special culture and spirit is founded on a unique collaborative approach to clients and communities.
We work at the intersection of art and science to create places people love to live, work and play. We design projects of every size and level of complexity, from houses to hospitals, office buildings to police headquarters. We are motivated by taking on difference-making projects that influence the long-term health of people and our environments. What you will find here is passion without pretence; a group that loves coming to the studio every day, rolling up its sleeves, interpreting the visions of our clients, and bringing beautiful, functional places into being.
About the Role
DIALOG’s Retail practice has developed an extensive portfolio of retail, mixed use and enclosed shopping mall environments. The DIALOG Retail team’s focus is on working with developers to design the architecture as well as the environment between the built form. We are seeking a talented Design Architect help take our team and our clients into the future of this ever changing and exciting industry.
- Push the boundaries of conventional retail design with a deep understanding of the needs of the end user (i.e. tenants, consumers and the community)
- Develop and manage client relationships
- Resolve complex design and technical issues
- Deliver projects efficiently and effectively through inspirational leadership.
- Provide leadership and direction to team members to develop in-house expertise and methodologies (design, technical and quality standards, etc.) to advance the group and the efficiency and effectiveness of our architectural work.
- Implement the goals and objectives set out in the annual business plan through leadership, coaching and mentoring of the architectural team members.
- Minimum of 10 years architectural design with a minimum of the last 5 years focusing on retail and mixed use design (i.e. shopping malls, mixed use, lifestyle centres, etc.)
- Strong visual and graphic communication skills are essential
- Hand sketching ability to quickly communicate design concepts a definite asset
- Candidates must be able to lead projects with minimal supervision, and work directly with clients
- Strong leadership experience in establishing scope, and directing the work of professional architects and technical staff on multiple projects
- Must be experienced in planning, all phases of architectural design from schematic design to design development and be actively involved in the preparation and coordination of construction documents; duties include mentoring and supervision of junior and intermediate architectural members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a focus on effective collaboration and integration
- Registered Architect preferred
- Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Experience with AutoCAD is required
- REVIT experience is an asset
- LEED AP is an asset
Why work for DIALOG?
We are proud to have been named a Top 100 Employer in Canada for 2013. Employing over 550 people in 4 studios across Canada, DIALOG is committed to delivering sustainability and excellence in design along with exceptional client service, in a fun working environment.
- Our team is fun, creative and committed to success;
- DIALOG offers first-class internal training and development;
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits; and,
- DIALOG is an award-winning company that is committed to sustainable, integrated design.
How to Apply
Clicking the “Apply Now” button below will launch your default mail application. If you are using a mail platform such as Yahoo, Gmail, etc. please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio in confidence to ac.golaidngisednull@sreeracyraglac and use Senior Retail Architect – Calgary in the subject line. We are delighted that you are considering furthering your career with DIALOG. Your submission will be reviewed carefully however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DIALOG is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle of diversity and looks forward to receiving applications from a wide range of people.
Please note we will retain your submission for a maximum of 6 months. You are welcome to re-apply anytime.Apply Now ▹