Design Technology Specialist
About the role:
We’re currently looking for a Design Technology Specialist (Studio BIM Manager) to work from our Edmonton studio.
DIALOG recognizes the strategic importance that technology plays in our practice, including current developments in Building Information Modelling (BIM), data-driven design, automation, virtual reality, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. As a Design Technology Specialist, you will help invent the future of design by enabling project teams to thrive with state-of-the-art technology tools.
First and foremost, you love technology and you love helping people. You are a wizard as you use design technology to seize opportunities for design excellence and to solve problems. You find joy in teaching others who are still learning to use tools like Revit, Grasshopper, and Dynamo, taking away their fears and inspiring them to stretch their abilities. At the same time, you see the big picture, working with our firm-wide Design Technology team to build and evolve DIALOG’s design technology strategy, processes and standards.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Work with project teams on BIM management including planning innovative approaches, project set-up, model audits, model coordination, ongoing support, and project close out.
- Communicate with clients at a strategic level the concept of BIM and other design technologies, how it benefits their projects, and how they can engage with the process.
- Support the teams through providing the right foundations through the development of standard content, templates, tools and training.
- Leverage tools like drones, laser scanning, and computational design technologies to automate and enhance design processes.
- Collaborate with Learning & Development team to develop and deliver Design Technology training through various formats (lunch & learns, in class training, e-learning and all staff presentations).
- Develop and evolve benchmarks for BIM/Design Technology practices, procedures, and metrics to measure the studio progress made on strategic goals.
- Constantly learn to keep your own expertise at the leading edge through continuing professional development, experimentation and research
- Contribute to knowledge in our industry and position DIALOG as a thought leader through technical publications and presentations at conference
- Engage your studio leadership to provide Design Technology guidance and expertise and to ensure alignment with local strategic goals
Who you are:
- 5+ years of production experience using Revit in the BIM process.
- Expert knowledge of and proven practical background in Autodesk Revit and related Design Technology software and hardware, including Navisworks and the rest of the Autodesk Building Design Suite, preferably in a multidisciplinary environment.
- BIM Manager experience a definite asset.
- Experience in tools like Dynamo, Rhino, Grasshopper, 3DS Max and other related software is considered an asset.
- Articulate, passionate and persuasive communicator able to convey Design Technology concepts to both staff and clients.
- Completion of relevant diploma or degree program from an accredited college or university.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record as a problem solver.
- Effective time and project management skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
Ready to start your journey?
Submit your resume and portfolio through our website by clicking the Apply Now button.Apply Now ▹