Design Technology Specialist
DIALOG is a fully integrated multi-disciplinary design firm incorporating architectural, engineering, interior design, landscape architecture, sustainability, urban design and planning services. Our special culture and spirit is founded on a unique collaborative approach to clients and communities.
We work at the intersection of art and science to create places people love to live, work and play. We design projects of every size and level of complexity, from houses to hospitals, office buildings to police headquarters. We are motivated by taking on difference-making projects that influence the long-term health of people and our environments. What you will find here is passion without pretence; a group that loves coming to the studio every day, rolling up its sleeves, interpreting the visions of our clients, and bringing beautiful, functional places into being.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager of Design Technology and working in partnership with other team members, the Design Technology Specialist will work with project teams to initiate setup and complete successful BIM projects. While the Design Technology Specialist will be primarily involved in the implementation of standards and best practices that facilitate the adoption of BIM, they will also be responsible for other aspects of Design Technology including CAD Management tasks and coordination with other initiatives such as Visualization and 3D printing.
BIM Management includes the following types of tasks:
- Model Audit
- Model Coordination
- Manage and Create Content
Training & Mentoring Tasks:
An important aspect of the Design Technology Specialist role is training and mentoring. The Design Technology Specialist will be expected to:
- Deliver training sessions through a variety of methods including video, screen sharing and live, instructor-led training
- Mentor project teams on specific topics
- Lead the monthly user group meetings in the studios
From time to time the Design Technology Specialist may be asked to work with the other Design Technology Specialists and the Manager of Design Technology to assist in the development of strategic initiatives. Strategic Responsibilities include the following types of tasks and will generally be centered on the individual’s discipline and experience:
- Develop Process and Workflow
- Develop and Maintain Standards
- Support Implementation
- Demonstrate Thought Leadership
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of production experience using Revit, Vectorworks or other BIM software for design, drafting or engineering.
- Expert knowledge of AutoCAD and Rhino will be considered an asset
- Knowledge and familiarity with related supporting software.
- Completion of relevant diploma or degree program from an accredited college or university.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Proven track record as a problem solver
- Effective time and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work independently, with little to no supervision
- Ability to travel to other studio as required
- Ability to attend conferences as required
Why work for DIALOG?
We are proud to have been named a Top 100 Employer in Canada for 2013, 2014 & 2015. Employing over 550 people in 4 studios across Canada, DIALOG is committed to delivering sustainability and excellence in design along with exceptional client service, in a fun working environment.
- Our team is fun, creative and committed to success;
- DIALOG offers first-class internal training and development;
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits; and,
- DIALOG is an award-winning design firm committed to sustainable, integrated design.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume in confidence to ac.golaidngisednull@sreeracnotnomde and use “Design Technology Specialist – Edmonton” in the subject line. We are delighted that you are considering furthering your career with DIALOG. Your submission will be reviewed carefully however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DIALOG is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle of diversity and looks forward to receiving applications from a wide range of people.
Please note we will retain your submission for a maximum of 6 months. You are welcome to re-apply anytime.
Apply Now ▹