Human Resources Manager
About the role:
At DIALOG, our Human Resources team is an essential partner to our business leaders to help DIALOG achieve its desired future state “to be widely recognized as the pre-eminent Canadian design practice and improve communities globally.” You’ll partner with our Principals (business owners) and our coaches to clearly understand our business, drivers of success, and our strategies. You’ll be a catalyst to enable an engaging and high performing culture by tapping into the unlimited potential, inspiration, creativity, passion, and drive of our DIALOGers. You’ll be responsible for our Calgary studio as the prime business partner and get to work with a small yet impactful geographically-dispersed HR practice team, while also having broad scope for Total Rewards or Talent Acquisition to support our firm-wide strategies. To be successful, you’ll rely on your similar generalist experiences in a managerial role, coupled deep expertise in total rewards or talent acquisition.
How you’ll make a difference:
- You’ll partner with our Studio Managing Principal to ensure people-related priorities are aligned and focused, and that there is an engaging, flexible, and community-oriented culture, to ensure our people can perform at their best
- You’ll build strong trusting relationships with our Principals (our business leaders) and coaches to be an advisor, partner and catalyst to achieve our future state, through development and delivery of broad and local people strategies and programs that embody our values of diversity, aspiration, optimism, and collaboration
- You’ll collaborate with the HR team and leaders across our studios to ensure we continuously build an integrated interdisciplinary practice, with a strong local and national purpose-driven presence and employer brand
- You’ll be prime on development and delivery of firm-wide people strategies, programs, and metrics in either Total Rewards or Talent Acquisition to attract, reward, and retain the best talent we need to get to our future state
- You’ll contribute to caring culture and exceptional employee experience by providing guidance and support to DIALOGers related to people matters, and in partnership with our People Services and Studio operations teams.
Who you are:
- You are a seasoned strategic HR practitioner and business partner, with broad generalist experience in a similar capacity, and ownership for HR delivery, and people program development
- You have deep domain-level expertise in design, delivery, and evolution of strategies, programs, systems and tools in either total rewards (compensation, benefits, etc.) or end-to-end talent acquisition
- You’ve a post-secondary education in business administration, with human resources specialization, and CHRP, CHRL, CPHR, or similar designation, and possibly a CPC or other related designations
- You’ve a track record of building strong trusting relationships with senior leaders, and demonstrated ability as a business partner, coach, and in developing, engaging, and inspiring people to act with a purpose
- You’re confident in your communication and facilitation skills with teams or large group workshops, focus groups, working teams, or training sessions
- You’re able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, coordinating a broad range of stakeholders from senior-level partners to early career professionals and external partners.
Ready to start your journey?
Submit your resume and cover letter through our website by clicking the Apply Now button.Apply Now ▹