Intermediate Architectural Technologist
At DIALOG, we’re passionate about design. We believe it can, and should, meaningfully improve the wellbeing of communities – including those who inhabit them and the environment we share. We’ve come together because we see important challenges facing communities becoming increasingly complex and therefor best shared through diverse perspectives and expertise. We’re looking for exceptional people to capture our spirit and place DIALOG at the forefront of design thinking within our community.
We work at the intersection of art and science to create places people love to live, work, and play. We design projects of every size and level of complexity, from houses to hospitals, office buildings to police headquarters. We are motivated by taking on difference-making projects that influence the long-term health of people and our environments. What you will find here is passion without pretence; a group that loves coming to the studio every day, rolling up its sleeves, interpreting the visions of our clients, and bringing beautiful, functional places into being.
About the Role
As a well rounded member of our Architectural Technologist team you will:
- Create contract document drawings in Revit
- Coordinate drawings with the project consultant team
- Coordinate drawings with the specifications team
- Plan and prepare construction documents including drawings, consultant coordination and facilitate project schedule milestones and deliverables
- Coach and lead junior technologists
- Review and implement work plans
- Conduct coordination meetings with consultant team
- Research and prepare technical aspects for design development documentation
- Provide technical support to the contract administration team as required
- Participate and contribute to the project’s final coordination review using Bluebeam Revu
- 5-10 years progressive experience as an architectural technologist is required
- Minimum 3 years of Revit experience required
- Architectural technology diploma is required
- Building technologies knowledge and understanding is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required with a focus on effective collaboration and integration
- Some contract administration experience is an asset
- Candidates should be able to lead projects with minimal supervision, manage teams, coordinate consultants and work directly with the project manager
Why work for DIALOG?
We are proud to have been named a Top 100 Employer in Canada for 2013, 2014 & 2015. Employing over 550 people in 4 studios across Canada, DIALOG is committed to delivering sustainability and excellence in design along with exceptional client service, in a fun working environment.
- Our team is fun, creative and committed to success;
- DIALOG offers first-class internal training and development;
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits; and,
- DIALOG is an award-winning company that is committed to sustainable, integrated design.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio in confidence.
Your submission will be reviewed carefully, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DIALOG is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle of diversity and looks forward to receiving applications from a wide range of people.Apply Now ▹