Intermediate Interior Designer
San Francisco Studio
About the Role
We are looking for a designer who has a passion for and experience in commercial office design who is looking to expand their portfolio to hospitality, retail, and/or multi-family. We are looking for someone who is interested in pushing the design boundaries. The successful candidate will enjoy a high level of autonomy and have the opportunity to:
- Tell a story through your design – Profile and understand your demographic that will be using your spaces.
- Prepare and co-ordinate project schematic/conceptual design drawings to convey to our client.
- Prepare required layouts, sketches and space plans required to convey design intent.(Commercial office design experience is an asset)
- Communicate and coordinate required design, project and firm information to both internal and external parties as required with project consultants, contractors and manufacturers
- Lead and assist in design presentations
- Coordinate electrical, mechanical, structural consultants, and other consultants or vendors
- Coordinate document requirements with the design team and corresponding plans and drawings
- Build and maintain great client relationships with external and internal clients
- Apply building code and construction regulations
- Prepare working contract documents, plans, details and schedules, using AutoCAD/Revit software. (Revit experience is an asset, however, training will be provided)
- Coordinate and/or undertake the selection and specification of furniture systems, fixtures and equipment
- Coordinate and/or undertake the preparation of required project documents, minutes, schedules and specifications
- Attend on-site visits and field reviews and direct contractors and vendors as required
- Responsible for keeping a project on schedule
- Overall we are looking for someone who can run with things and apply strong design thinking to their projects.
- Degree or diploma in Interior Design or Architecture with 5+ years related experience in commercial, multifamily residential and/or hospitality
- Strong conceptual design and presentation experience through the use of 3D models in SketchUp, Revit experience is an asset and other 3D or graphic design programs
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Reader/Writer, experience with PowerPoint is an asset
- Experience preparing working drawings and construction documents
- Well rounded experience in Interior design phases, pre-design to construction documentation
- Communicate with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provide support as necessary
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working on multiple projects, and successfully managing priorities, conflicting deadlines and various demands
- Very strong written and verbal skills
Why work for DIALOG?
We are proud to have been named a Top 100 Employer in Canada for 2013, 2014 & 2015 along with one of 2017’s Top BC Employers and Greenest Employer. Also, kudos to DIALOG’s ID team as Interior Design magazine released their 2016 Rising Giants list placing DIALOG as 27th among some of North America’s biggest players. Employing over 600 people in 5 studios across Canada and the US, DIALOG is committed to delivering sustainability and excellence in design along with exceptional client service, in a fun working environment.
- Our team is fun, creative and committed to success;
- DIALOG offers first-class internal training and development;
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits; and,
- DIALOG is an award-winning design firm committed to sustainable, integrated design.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, portfolio and cover letter in confidence to ac.ngisedgolaidnull@sreeracFS using ‘Intermediate Interior Designer – San Francisco’ in the subject line. We are delighted that you are considering furthering your career with DIALOG. Your submission will be reviewed carefully however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DIALOG is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle of diversity and looks forward to receiving applications from a wide range of people.
Please note we will retain your submission for a maximum of 6 months. You are welcome to re-apply anytime.Apply Now ▹