Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
About the role:
We’re currently looking for an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer or Technologist to work from our Vancouver studio.
Our mechanical engineering team leads the way in new technology, creating buildings that are efficient to operate, easy to maintain, and minimize environmental impacts. They have a seat at the design table, working alongside our other disciplines to solve some of the hardest and most technical challenges in the industry. Their expertise in energy modeling, thermal comfort analysis, commissioning, and sustainable system design positively impact projects ranging from small commercial to large institutional projects.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Manage, coordinate and prepare document from schematic design to construction documents.
- Work with architects, interior designers, structural engineers and electrical engineers to create truly integrated and sustainable design solutions.
- Manage high quality REVIT models and engineering drawings for HVAC, plumbing and drainage, and fire protection systems for commercial and institutional buildings.
- Integrate energy modelling, building information modelling, value engineering and life cycle costing to determine the optimum mechanical system solutions.
- Design HVAC, plumbing, fire protection systems, heating and cooling systems for commercial and institutional buildings.
- Carry out day to day project management.
- Assist with Marketing and business development.
- Maintaining and lead design standards.
Who you are:
- You hold a Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree or a Diploma of Technology in Mechanical
- A registered P.Eng, EIT, or A.Sc.T.
- 3-5 years’ experience with HVAC, plumbing and drainage, fire protection systems, heating and cooling systems for residential, commercial and institutional buildings and demonstrated green design experience.
- Strong understanding and experience with schematic design, design development, detailed design calculations, contract administration.
- Proficient with BIM software (REVIT)
- Experience with equipment selection.
- Experience in specification writing and contract administration.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Energetic and engaged, demonstrates initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects and various deadlines
- LEED accreditation is considered an asset
- Experience in Energy Modeling
Ready to start your journey?
Submit your resume and cover letter through our website by clicking the Apply Now button.Apply Now ▹