Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
About the role:
We’re currently looking for an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to work from our Edmonton studio
Our mechanical engineering team leads the way in new technology, creating buildings that are efficient to operate, easy to maintain, and minimize environmental impacts. They have a seat at the design table, working alongside our other disciplines to solve some of the hardest and most technical challenges in the industry. Their expertise in energy modeling, thermal comfort analysis, commissioning, and sustainable system design positively impact projects ranging from small commercial to large institutional projects.
How you’ll make a difference:
DIALOG’s integrated approach and focus on sustainability elevates the role of Mechanical Engineer. As an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer you will work within a dynamic working environment to:
- Manage, coordinate and prepare document from schematic design to construction documents.
- Work with architects, interior designers, structural engineers and electrical engineers to create truly integrated and sustainable design solutions.
- Manage high quality REVIT models and engineering drawings for HVAC, plumbing and drainage, and fire protection systems for commercial and institutional buildings.
- Integrate energy modelling, building information modelling, value engineering and life cycle costing to determine the optimum mechanical system solutions.
- Design HVAC, plumbing, fire protection systems, heating and cooling systems for commercial and institutional buildings.
- Carry out day to day project management.
- Assist with Marketing and business development.
- Maintaining and lead design standards.
- Mentor junior staff.
Who you are:
- A mechanical engineering Bachelors Degree is required.
- A registered member of APEGA, P.Eng.
- LEED accreditation is considered an asset
- 5-8 years’ experience with HVAC, plumbing and drainage, fire protection systems, heating and cooling systems for commercial and institutional buildings and demonstrated sustainable design experience.
- Strong understanding and experience with schematic design, design development, detailed design calculations, contract administration.
- Experience with equipment selection.
- Experience in specification writing.
- Experience with contract administration.
- Experience with BIM software (REVIT) is preferred.
- Experience with IES software is an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill.
- Energetic, engaged, demonstrates initiative
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects and various deadlines
Ready to start your journey?
Please submit your resume and cover letter through our website by clicking the Apply Now button.Apply Now ▹