Intermediate or Senior Interior Designer
About the role:
We’re currently looking for an experienced Interior Designer that can join our Toronto studio that excels in various projects including Educational, Cultural, Healthcare, and Workplace.
We are looking for someone who has a collaborative approach, a passion for design, and a desire to learn, while striving for design excellence on every project.
Our interior design team believes the “inside” of a space is just as important as the outside. Our team truly believes great design can lift your spirit and we strive to design inspirational and transformative spaces that make every day, extraordinary. Our design teams approach each space as a means to create an intimate relationship that enhances a client’s culture; improves the health and wellbeing of the occupants; and, one that leaves a refreshing and lasting impression on those who enjoy our spaces.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Communicate and coordinate required design through concept/schematic design phases, space planning development, technical drawings and detailing from early conceptual stages through to final completion
- Responsible for selection and specification of furniture, finishes, equipment, and accessories;
- Responsible for preparation of FF&E documents
- Prepare presentations for internal and external meetings – Render conceptual design ideas and prepare 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings
- Manages client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
- Assist with establishing and maintaining project budgeting and scheduling
- Coordinate and/or undertake the preparation of required project documents, minutes, schedules and specifications
- Apply building code and construction regulations
- Attend on-site visits and field reviews and direct contractors and vendors as required
- Coordinate and/or undertake site deficiency review and installation inspections
- Assists more junior staff as required
- Works closely with Interior Design Principals and other team members to meet overall project objectives
Who you are:
- At least 5-8 years of experience as an interior designer with strong knowledge and experience of the design process, including FF&E, colour and material selection and specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior design or related field (NCIDQ an asset)
- Advanced skills in Revit, Photoshop and InDesign (Sketch-up, Rhino experience an asset)
- Excellent communication skills, team oriented, responsible, and highly motivated
- Proven experience in leading client engagement processes from programming, conceptual design through to construction phases
- Experience working on institutional projects, including educational, commercial, healthcare, and workplace
Ready to start your journey?
Submit your resume and portfolio through our website by clicking the Apply Now button.
DIALOG is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and DIALOG’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations are available upon request for candidates throughout the selection process.Apply Now ▹