Intermediate Structural Engineer
DIALOG is a fully integrated multi-disciplinary design firm incorporating architectural, engineering, interior design, landscape architecture, sustainability, urban design and planning services. Our special culture and spirit is founded on a unique collaborative approach to clients and communities.
We work at the intersection of art and science to create places people love to live, work and play. We design projects of every size and level of complexity, from houses to hospitals, office buildings to police headquarters. We are motivated by taking on difference-making projects that influence the long-term health of people and our environments. What you will find here is passion without pretence; a group that loves coming to the studio every day, rolling up its sleeves, interpreting the visions of our clients, and bringing beautiful, functional places into being.
About the Role
For any project to be successful, whether it’s a bridge or a building structure, the experts involved have to be able to see to the core of the challenge right from the start. From project conception to completion our Structural Engineers are experts in structural analysis and performance design. Whether working with concrete, steel, wood or any other building material, we bring a combination of engineering fundamentals and innovation to every project. From supporting the rush hour traffic on the new Walterdale Bridge, to minimizing vibration in sensitive nano-technology labs, to designing hospitals that will adapt with advances in medicine, we work collaboratively with architects, interior designers, planners and constructors to develop structures that are safe, sound, and financially viable to build. And we make them look amazing.
DIALOG is also an active member of ASHRAE, the Centre for the Built Environment, and LEED®, with many LEED® certified projects completed and under construction.
At DIALOG you will have the opportunity to work with architects, interior designers and other engineering disciplines. We are truly an integrated and sustainable design practice. As an Intermediate Structural Engineer you will contribute your experience, technical abilities and creativity as part of a team of engineers and technologists. The role also involves fostering creativity in design, managing projects and teams, supporting business development initiatives, and mentoring junior staff members.
- Work with structural engineers, architects, interior designers, planners, landscape architects, and mechanical and electrical engineers to create truly integrated and sustainable design solutions.
- Have the opportunity to lead structural designs for institutional and commercial buildings, or for transportation structures.
- Be involved in all phases of projects from schematic design through contract administration
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is required; candidates with a Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering are preferred.
- A registered professional member of APEGA
- A minimum of 4 years of structural building or bridge experience is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines.
Why work for DIALOG?
We are proud to have been named a Top 100 Employer in Canada for 2014. Employing over 600 people in 4 studios across Canada, DIALOG is committed to delivering sustainability and excellence in design along with exceptional client service, in a fun working environment.
- Our team is fun, creative and committed to success;
- DIALOG offers first-class internal training and development;
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits; and,
- DIALOG is an award-winning company that is committed to sustainable, integrated design.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio in confidence to ac.golaidngisednull@sreeracnotnomde stating ‘Intermediate Structural Engineer – Edmonton’ in the subject line.
Your submission will be reviewed carefully however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DIALOG is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle of diversity and looks forward to receiving applications from a wide range of people.Apply Now ▹