Intern Architect (Mixed Use/Residential)
About the role:
We’re currently looking for an Intern Architect to work from our Toronto Studio to join our Architecture team.
Our architecture team is filled with energetic, empathic creatives who delight in the many aspects of forming, planning, designing, constructing, and restoring building and structures. We firmly believe architecture is a passion and to many, a calling that requires a delicate and purposeful blend of art and science. Our team members approach every opportunity with a tireless zeal to make a lasting, positive impact – in our communities and amongst ourselves.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Push the boundaries of conventional design with a deep understanding of the needs of the end user (i.e. tenants, consumers and the community)
- Develop and manage client relationships
- Resolve complex design and technical issues
- Deliver projects efficiently and effectively through inspirational leadership.
- Provide leadership and direction to team members to develop in-house expertise and methodologies (design, technical and quality standards, etc.) to advance the group and the efficiency and effectiveness of our architectural work
- Implement the goals and objectives set out in the annual business plan through leadership, coaching and mentoring of the architectural team members
Who you are:
- 5+ years architectural design, background in high rise/mixed use residential preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Visual and graphic communication skills are essential
- Hand sketching ability to quickly communicate design concepts a definite asset
- Experienced in all phases of architectural design from schematic design to design development.
- Experienced with technical production and construction preferred
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines
- Competent knowledge of building codes, building construction systems, building materials and specifications is an asset.
- High level REVIT skill required
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite, SketchUp, and / or other visualization software experience required.
Ready to start your journey?
Submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio through our website by clicking the Apply Now button.
DIALOG is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and DIALOG’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations are available upon request for candidates throughout the selection process.Apply Now ▹