Lead Studio Project Accountant
About the role:
We’re currently looking for a Lead Studio Project Accountant to work in our Toronto studio.
At DIALOG, our Financial Operations Team is where the buck starts, stops, and everything in-between. The Project Accounting team in each studio works with our design project teams to ensure our fees are aligned to our work and continue to keep DIALOG profitable. Their analytical abilities and spreadsheet expertise turn incomprehensible numbers into meaningful data that allow DIALOG’s leaders to make strategic business decisions, propelling our business forward.
Responsibilities of the Lead Studio Project Accountant include the compilation, analysis, interpretation and financial projection for project accounting. The Lead will conduct full-cycle project accounting that will involve working with architects, interior designers, structural, mechanical and electrical engineers to record, track and control progress billings, project costs, and budgets on architectural and engineering design projects with a range of complexity. The Lead will also ensure that the Studio Managing Principal has the necessary project financial information to understand the Toronto studio story in terms of Toronto-based project profitability.
In addition, the Lead Studio Project Accountant is a liaison between the studio Project Accountants and the National Project Accounting Manager. Reporting to the National Manager, the Lead will work closely with the Manager to provide effective day-to-day supervision and coaching of studio Project Accountants. The Lead also seeks to improve and standardize best practices and reporting, and will maintain ongoing communications and relationships with Project Accounting Leads across DIALOG. studios. On a daily basis, The Lead communicates with many levels of DIALOGers including team members, peers, managers, directors and Principals.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Reviewing contracts and fee letters
- Setting up fees, consultants and disbursements on projects following Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Review, verify, and record project-related consultant invoices
- Proactive follow up with Project Managers on progression/billing of projects
- Provide monthly variance reports for budget analysis and review of fee allocations
- Prepare monthly billings forecast based on project schedules and work plans in conjunction with Project Manager’s input
- Prepare monthly invoices in accordance with specific project billing requirements
- Ensuring accuracy of costs coded to assigned projects, labour and expense
- Conducting Work-In-Progress analysis (WIP) on a monthly basis
- Follow up with clients on collections of accounts receivables
- Proactively initiate continuous improvements to processes and reports
- Assisting with ad-hoc requests from Principals, Project Managers and senior Finance/Accounting personnel
Who you are:
- 7+ years of project accounting experience within the architectural and engineering industry
- Previous experience in managing teams & coaching others
- BST accounting system experience preferred, aptitude for learning new accounting systems required
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Accounting, Commerce, or related field an asset
- Polished communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to partner with non-finance DIALOGers to build effective relationships as a trusted advisor
- Driven professional-minded individual with high level of initiative
- Ability to demonstrate proactive and creative approaches to problem solving
- Inquisitive – not afraid to ask questions and investigate alternatives before recommending solutions
- Detail oriented and ability to dig deep and perform analytics to draw insights from data
- Able to adapt quickly to changing work demands without compromising accuracy and quality of work
- Enjoy working in an open concept, collaborative team environment
Ready to start your journey?
Submit your resume and cover letter through our website by clicking the Apply Now button.
DIALOG is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and DIALOG’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations are available upon request for candidates throughout the selection process.
Apply Now ▹