About the role:
We’re currently looking for a Mechanical EIT to work from our Edmonton Studio.
Our mechanical engineering team leads the way in new technology, creating buildings that are efficient to operate, easy to maintain, and minimize environmental impacts. They have a seat at the design table, working alongside our other disciplines to solve some of the hardest and most technical challenges in the industry. Their expertise in energy modeling, thermal comfort analysis, commissioning, and sustainable system design positively impact projects ranging from small commercial to large institutional projects.
How you’ll make a difference:
DIALOG’s integrated approach, mentorship and focus on sustainability is an ideal opportunity for the role of Mechanical EIT; it will allow you to be involved with entire projects and work side by side with senior team members and other integrated disciplines on a diverse portfolio of projects. We are passionate on pushing the boundaries and evolving our design practice with new technologies and tools including computational design, and cloud based national integration. As a Mechanical EIT, you will work within a dynamic working environment to:
- Carry out load calculation, duct sizing, hydronic pipe sizing, plumbing fixture unit calculations
- Assist with the design of HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and building automation systems for various types of buildings
- Local and national code understanding and review
- Prepare high quality BIM (REVIT) models and engineering drawings for HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems for various building types
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams, learn and expand your knowledge of building services
- Assist in the preparation of engineering studies and construction documents
- Complete energy models for various project sizes
- Be involved in all phases of projects; from concept design, construction, to completion
- Work within a team; develop time management, scheduling, project budgets, and quality control skills
Who you are:
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in Mechanical Engineering in building services is an asset
- Drafting and design work of HVAC, plumbing, fire protection systems for commercial and institutional buildings
- Experience using REVIT MEP and AutoCAD software is an asset.
- Experience using load and energy modelling software (IES) is an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic and self motivated
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Ability to work under pressure, manage deadlines and multiple tasks/projects
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess BIM expertise and who are proficient at using REVIT software, and programming tools like Grasshopper
Ready to start your journey?
Please submit your resume and cover letter through our website by clicking the Apply Now button.Apply Now ▹