Intermediate Mechanical Technologist
Are you looking to be part of a team that’s motivated by solving complex problems? DIALOG consistently lead the way with new technology, and as a result, our buildings are efficient to operate, easy to maintain and reduce environmental impacts. We build on expertise in HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection and design buildings with great acoustics, superior indoor air quality and temperature control. We are also experts at energy modelling, thermal comfort analysis, natural ventilation design and storm water/grey water reuse. And we are always looking to be the first to solve the most difficult engineering challenges of our times.
DIALOG is also an active member of ASHRAE, the Centre for the Built Environment, and LEED®, with many LEED® certified projects completed and under construction. DIALOG Edmonton’s mechanical team has an immediate opening for an intermediate technologist to fill the gap between junior and senior technologists. The expectation of this role is to push the envelope of BIM modelling, incorporate new workflows such as Dynamo and COBie, and create intelligent families and objects in the model. DIALOG Edmonton’s mechanical team also currently has several large project assignments that will provide a steady workload over the next several years. On any given day you might…
- Coordinate and prepare documents from schematic design to construction documents
- Prepare high quality REVIT BIM models and engineering drawings for HVAC, plumbing and drainage, and fire protection systems for commercial and institutional buildings, while adhering to good design engineering practices and standards
- Work with architects, interior designers, structural and electrical engineers to create truly integrated and sustainable design solutions
- Provide design and technical support for mechanical engineering projects
- Assist with load calculation, hydronic pipe sizing, plumbing fixture unit calculations, and design HVAC, plumbing, fire protection for various types of buildings
- Select mechanical equipment, provide schedule information, coordinate with electrical discipline, and ensure equipment is installed as intended by the manufacturer including maintenance access planning
- Work with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets, and quality control standards are achieved and maintained
- A related technologist diploma is required as a minimum. Additional professional accreditation from ASET would be an asset. A mechanical engineering degree would also be considered.
- Experience in design and modelling work of HVAC, plumbing and drainage, fire protection systems for commercial and institutional buildings
- Candidates shall design systems based on guidance from senior staff including equipment application, modelling and family creation, and working in a three-dimensional environment.
- Experience using REVIT MEP with working knowledge of AutoCAD software would be a strong asset.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Computational design experience with Dynamo for Revit, programming, or database development skills would be an asset
- Sustainable design skills and commitment are a must in this position. LEED® qualifications and experience an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Energetic and self-motivated, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple deadlines
- Field work associated with projects designed will also be required
- Relocation assistance would be considered for the right individual willing to relocate to Edmonton permanently
- *Completion of a security clearance may be required for specific projects
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio in confidence to ac.ngisedgolaidnull@sreeracnotnomde. Your submission will be reviewed carefully however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. DIALOG is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle of diversity and looks forward to receiving applications from a wide range of people. Please note we will retain your submission for a maximum of 6 months. You are welcome to re-apply anytime.Apply Now ▹