About the role:
We’re currently looking for a Project Accountant to work from our Toronto studio to conducting full-cycle project accounting involving working with architects, interior designers, structural, mechanical and electrical engineers to record, track and control progress billings, project costs, and budgets on architectural and engineering design projects with a range of complexity.
Our financial operations team is where the buck starts, stops, and everything in-between. They continue to work with our project teams to ensure our fees are aligned to our work and continue to keep DIALOLG profitable. Their analytical abilities and spreadsheet expertise turn incomprehensible numbers into meaningful data that allow DIALOG’s leaders to make strategic business decisions, propelling our business forward.
How you’ll make a difference:
Full-cycle project accounting includes:
- Reviewing contracts and fee letters;
- Setting up fees, consultants and disbursements on projects following Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Review, verify and record project-related consultant invoices;
- Proactive follow up with Project Managers on progression/billing of projects;
- Provide monthly variance reports for budget analysis and review of fee allocations;
- Prepare monthly billings forecast based on project schedules and work plans in conjunction with Project Manager’s input;
- Prepare monthly invoices in accordance with specific project billing requirements;
- Ensuring accuracy of costs coded to assigned projects, labour and expense;
- Conducting Work-In-Progress analysis (WIP) on a monthly basis;
- Follow up with clients on collections of accounts receivables;
- Proactively initiate continuous improvements to processes and reports;
- Assisting with ad-hoc requests from Principals, Project Managers and senior Finance/Accounting personnel.
Who you are:
- 7 years of accounting experience;
- Previous experience with progress-billing accounting in an Architectural, Engineering, Construction, or Manufacturing and Processing firm an asset;
- BST accounting system experience preferred, aptitude for learning new accounting systems required;
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Accounting, Commerce, or related field an asset;
- Polished communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to seamlessly partner with non-finance minded personnel to build effective relationship as trusted advisor;
- Driven professional-minded individual with high level of initiative; ability to demonstrate proactive approach to problem solving;
- Inquisitive – not afraid to ask questions and investigate alternatives before recommending solutions;
- Detail oriented and ability to dig deep and perform analytics to draw insights from data;
- Able to adapt quickly to changing work demands without compromising accuracy and quality of work;
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
Ready to start your journey?
Submit your resume through our website by clicking the Apply Now button.
DIALOG is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and DIALOG’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations are available upon request for candidates throughout the selection process.Apply Now ▹