Senior Bridge Engineer
About the role
At DIALOG, we are passionate about design. We believe it can, and should, meaningfully improve the wellbeing of our communities and the environment we all share. We are seeking a dynamic and creative Senior Bridge Engineer to join our Urban Infrastructure team in Edmonton, to help us practice at the leading edge in our design work on bridges, transit infrastructure, and urban structures across North America. Recent examples of our award-winning work in Edmonton include the Walterdale Bridge, the Mechanized River Valley Access, and the Valley Line LRT. Work currently underway includes the Groat Road Bridge superstructure replacement and the Centre LRT planning study.
How you’ll make a difference
Throughout your career you have demonstrated creativity, a collaborative spirit, and a thirst for excellence while striving to make a positive difference in the world. You will bring those ideals to our Urban Infrastructure team by:
- Acting as the project manager or lead design engineer on bridge and urban infrastructure projects of all scales and complexities.
- Following through all phases of projects from concept design through construction.
- Recruiting, mentoring and enabling the next generation of bridge engineers.
- Being driven to provide the highest technical quality in the delivery of designs, drawings, and specifications, and in the field.
- Working closely with partner firms and other engineering consultants.
- Building a relationship of friendship and trust with clients and other outside agencies.
- Winning new work that meaningfully improves community wellbeing by understanding clients and writing outstanding proposals.
Who you are
- A bridge expert with a Masters or Doctoral Degree in Structural Engineering with excellent analytical, technical and problem-solving skills.
- A Professional Engineer registered with APEGA, or another provincial engineering association.
- A firm believer that architectural design and aesthetics are integral to excellence in bridge engineering.
- A designer with 10+ years of bridge experience, including project management and team-leading management roles.
- An articulate and persuasive communicator that can convey complex technical concepts to non-technical firm leaders, staff and clients.
- A highly creative and skilled engineer with deep experience in bridge design, analysis, and software.
Ready to start your journey?
Submit your resume and cover letter through our website by clicking the Apply Now button.Apply Now ▹