Senior Energy Modeler & Building Performance Analyst
About the role:
We’re currently looking for a well-rounded Senior Energy Modeler & Building Performance Analyst with a passion for energy analysis and sustainable design to work from our Toronto studio to take part in the design process for some of Canada’s highest performing buildings and use energy modeling analysis to dramatically impact building performance.
Our mechanical engineering team leads the way in new technology, creating buildings that are efficient to operate, easy to maintain, and minimize environmental impacts. They have a seat at the design table, working alongside our other disciplines to solve some of the hardest and most technical challenges in the industry. Their expertise in energy modeling, thermal comfort analysis, commissioning, and sustainable system design positively impact projects ranging from small commercial to large institutional project.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Prepare building performance simulations to guide the design of new and existing buildings; including energy modelling, thermal comfort analysis, daylight simulation, CFD, and lifecycle analysis
- Participate in the integrated design process and assist our clients and design teams to set ambitious goals for energy performance and low-carbon design
- Develop the energy modeling skill set within our team of junior and intermediate modelers, peer review completed and in-progress analysis and manage quality and client satisfaction
- Advise clients, design teams, and team members of high-performance building strategies that will contribute to their successful pursuit of goals such as certification under LEED, Living Building Challenge, Passive House, Zero Carbon or compliance under OBC and Toronto Green Standard
- Work with our internal Design Technology team to improve our processes for BIM integration, geometry development, and parametric design
- Carry out energy analysis for existing buildings including field surveys, energy audit reports, regression analysis, and bin data calculations
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of industry developments and trends related to energy and building performance; provide thought leadership through chapter membership and conference presentations
- Estimate time, effort, and resources required to complete new projects and take part in authoring proposals
- Assist with the development of measurement and verification approaches and strategies
Who you are:
- You have a P.Eng. designation in the province of Ontario and a modeling designation such as BEMP or equivalent
- Demonstrate proficiency and 5+ years experience in energy modeling. 10+ years of experience is preferred
- Have advanced energy modeling capabilities including early-stage analysis and compliance modeling utilizing the following modeling tools; IES-VE, EnergyPlus, eQuest/CanQuest, EE4, or similar.
- Experience with additional building performance analysis software including; Window7, Therm, Climate Consultant, FramePlus, TRNSYS, Honeybee/Ladybug, etc.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of building envelope, lighting, and building mechanical systems including the ability to propose concepts for high performance buildings and describe benefits for energy, GHG, cost savings, and thermal comfort
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with design team members; ability to effectively manage projects in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Proven ability to meet deadlines delivering energy analysis during concept and detailed design / compliance phases
- Experience working in the existing buildings field with working understanding of the process of benchmarking, target setting, auditing, and optimization.
- Provide coaching for junior team members including technical review, mentorship, and professional development
- Experience with energy management and incentive programs
- Have familiarity with Revit or equivalent design platform
Nice to have:
- Experience with scripting in Python, Dynamo and/or Grasshopper
- Exposure to gbXML data transfer between Revit and Energy Modelling tools
- Leadership role in industry associations such as CaGBC, ASHRAE, or IBPSA
- Designation as an approved modeler by USGBC, CaGBC, BC Hydro, or similar
Ready to start your journey?
Submit your resume ac.ngisedgolaidnull@sreeracotnorot or through our website by clicking the Apply Now button.
DIALOG is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and DIALOG’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations are available upon request for candidates throughout the selection process.Apply Now ▹