DIALOG is a fully integrated multi-disciplinary design firm incorporating architectural, engineering, interior design, landscape architecture, sustainability, urban design and planning services. Our special culture and spirit is founded on a unique collaborative approach to clients and communities.
For any project to be successful, the experts involved have to be able to see to the core of the challenge right from the start. From conception to completion our Structural Engineers are experts in structural analysis and performance design. Whether working with concrete, steel, wood or any other building material, we bring a combination of engineering fundamentals and innovation to every project. We work collaboratively with the architects, interior designers, planners and builders involved to develop structures that are safe, sound, and financially viable to build. Somehow we manage to make them look amazing.
About the Role
As a Junior / Intermediate Structural Technologist you will work within a dynamic working environment to:
- Prepare high quality REVIT models and engineering drawings for timber, steel, masonry and concrete buildings.
- Coordinating details with other disciplines.
- Providing design support for structural engineering projects.
- Preparation of documents required for approvals, development and construction cost estimates, and tender documents and contracts;
- Working with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets, and quality control standards are achieved and maintained.
- A related technologist diploma is required.
- 2-5 years of structural drafting experience
- Highly competent using Autodesk REVIT and BIM
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines
Why work for DIALOG?
We are proud to have been named a Top 100 Employer in Canada for 2013, 2014 & 2015. Employing over 550 people in 4 studios across Canada, DIALOG is committed to delivering sustainability and excellence in design along with exceptional client service, in a fun working environment.
- Our team is fun, creative and committed to success;
- DIALOG offers first-class internal training and development;
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits; and,
- DIALOG is an award-winning design firm committed to sustainable, integrated design.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio in confidence to ac.ngisedgolaidnull@sreeracotnoroT stating “Intermediate Structural Technologist – Toronto Studio” in the subject line.
Your submission will be reviewed carefully however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DIALOG is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle of diversity and looks forward to receiving applications from a wide range of people.
Apply Now ▹