BIM Specialist – Edmonton
DIALOG is a fully integrated multi-disciplinary design firm incorporating architectural, engineering, interior design, landscape architecture, sustainability, urban design and planning services. Our special culture and spirit is founded on a unique collaborative approach to clients and communities.
We work at the intersection of art and science to create places people love to live, work and play. We design projects of every size and level of complexity, from houses to hospitals, office buildings to police headquarters. We are motivated by taking on difference-making projects that influence the long-term health of people and our environments. What you will find here is passion without pretence; a group that loves coming to the studio every day, rolling up its sleeves, interpreting the visions of our clients, and bringing beautiful, functional places into being.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager of Design Technology and working in partnership with other team members, the BIM Specialist will work with project teams to initiate, set-up and complete successful BIM projects. The BIM Specialist will be heavily involved in the implementation of standards and best practices that facilitate the adoption of BIM. Typical BIM Specialist tasks include:
- Complete project-related BIM Management tasks for select projects including: model audit; model coordination; manage and creative content; support and production
- Train and mentor projects teams through video, screen-sharing and live instructor-led training sessions
- Lead monthly BIM user group meetings in the Edmonton studio
- Develop strategic initiatives including: research; development of process and workflow standards; assistance with implementation support and training of end users on new strategic initiatives
- 3+ years of production experience using Revit, Vectorworks or other BIM software for design, drafting or engineering
- Completion of a relevant diploma or degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Proven track record as a problem solver
- Effective time and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work independently, will little to no direct supervision
- Ability to travel to other studios occasionally
Why work for DIALOG?
We are proud to have been named a Top 100 Employer in Canada for 2013. Employing over 550 people in 4 studios across Canada, DIALOG is committed to delivering sustainability and excellence in design along with exceptional client service, in a fun working environment.
- Our team is fun, creative and committed to success;
- DIALOG offers first-class internal training and development;
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits; and,
- DIALOG is an award-winning company that is committed to sustainable, integrated design.
How to Apply
Clicking the “Apply Now” button below will launch your default mail application. If you are using a mail platform such as Yahoo, Gmail, etc. please submit your resume in confidence to ac.golaidngisednull@sreeracnotnomde and use BIM Specialist – Edmonton in the subject line. We are delighted that you are considering furthering your career with DIALOG. Your submission will be reviewed carefully however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DIALOG is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle of diversity and looks forward to receiving applications from a wide range of people.
Please note we will retain your submission for a maximum of 6 months. You are welcome to re-apply anytime.
Apply Now ▹