Sustainability Project Manager
About the role:
We’re currently looking for a well-rounded Project Manager and Sustainability Specialist with a passion for healthy, low-carbon buildings to work from our Toronto studio. Your role will be to take part in the design and construction of some of Canada’s highest performing buildings, working with our multi-disciplinary teams to dramatically impact building performance, environmental sustainability, and community wellbeing.
Our sustainability experts work in close collaboration with our team of professionals including planners, architects, engineers, and designers. We focus on projects that cover the full range of urban solutions, from campus master planning to tenant fit-outs and energy retrofits. We have a seat at the design table, working alongside our other disciplines to solve some of the hardest and most technical challenges in the industry. We create value through adding expertise in the latest solutions to improve performance and effective project management, establishing a process for integrated design, goal-setting, and certification.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Participate actively in the integrated design process and assist our clients and design teams to set ambitious goals for energy performance, sustainability, wellbeing, and certifications
- Apply your knowledge of green building principles and technologies to propose solutions to design problems
- Advise clients, design teams, and team members of high-performance building strategies that will contribute to their successful pursuit of goals such as certification under LEED, Living Building Challenge, Passive House, Zero Carbon or compliance under OBC and Toronto Green Standard
- Facilitate the certification of our projects with programs such as LEED, Zero Carbon Building Standard, WELL, and Fitwel, working closely with our designers
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of building envelope, lighting, and building mechanical systems including the ability to propose concepts for high performance buildings and describe benefits for energy, GHG, cost savings, and thermal comfort
- Managing a portfolio of LEED projects in Ontario and Eastern Canada
- Provide peer review on drawing sets and specifications
- Work closely with our team of Building Performance Analysts to interpret the results of their detailed analysis and communicate key take-aways to designers and clients
- Build and maintain a high level of knowledge of industry developments and trends related to energy and building performance; provide thought leadership through chapter membership and conference presentations
- Contribute to developing our toolkit for the integrated design process, to realize the sustainability potential for each project and actively track activities and milestones to reach those targets
- Be a vocal contributor to DIALOG’s sustainability initiatives including Carbon Neutral operations, the Architecture 2030 Commitment, and our Community Wellbeing Framework
- Contribute to a green culture in the workplace and provide support and mentorship to junior professionals as they build their own knowledge
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of industry experience in architecture, engineering, real estate, or construction, with a focus on either project management or sustainability
- Bachelors degree in architecture, engineering, building science, architectural/engineering technology, environmental science
- You have the LEED Accredited Professional designation, or are committed to achieving it within 6 months of employment
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management and effectively tracking progress, targets, milestones, budget, and schedule
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with design team members; ability to effectively manage projects in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- You are passionate about sustainability and understand the foundational concepts of sustainable buildings including energy performance, material selection, and the integrated design process
- You are interested in building your knowledge base, technical skills, and ability to be proactive in pushing to higher levels of performance
Nice to have
- Relevant industry accreditations are a plus: WELL AP, FitWell Ambassador, LFA, etc.
- Masters degree, licensing as a professional engineer or architect, or PMP credential
- Industry experience managing green building certifications including completed projects achieving LEED, WELL, or Toronto Green Standard
- Participation in industry associations such as CaGBC, ASHRAE, or IBPSA plus interest in taking a leadership role
- Demonstrated industry presence through thought leadership including publications, presentations, volunteer roles etc.
- Experience with building performance analysis software including; IES, eQuest, Window7, Therm, Climate Consultant, FramePlus, Honeybee/Ladybug, etc.
Ready to start your journey?
Submit your resume through our website by clicking the Apply Now button.
DIALOG is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and DIALOG’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations are available upon request for candidates throughout the selection process.Apply Now ▹