About the role:
We’re currently looking for an Urban Planner to work from our Edmonton studio.
Our urban design/planning team members are city building problem solvers. They delight in analyzing, visualizing and designing urban environments – places where cultures and communities thrive and flourish. With a passion for creating models of livability and resiliency, our planners imagine how urban infrastructure can reshape our cities in ways that contribute to wellbeing across cultural, economic, environmental, political and social domains.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Conduct context analysis and mapping exercises at the neighbourhood and City scale
- Apply creative thinking and sound planning judgement to large scale site design and masterplans
- Complete basic development data analysis
- Assist with the coordination of large project teams through the careful management of drawing files and background research
- Create compelling, clear imagery and graphics including plan view, 3D, and section in both hand drawn and computer graphic styles
- Prepare written summaries and oral presentations (with graphic support) of project work
- Participate in team workshops and community engagement exercises, at times leading groups or components of the workshop
- Work on multiple tasks under time pressures
Who you are:
- 3+ years of related professional experience, public sector experience or knowledge is an asset
- Graduate from an accredited planning school
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team setting
- Highly organized with some project management skills
- Strong understanding of planning theory and practice
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Adobe CS
- Knowledge of Revit and Rhino is considered an asset
Ready to start your journey?
Submit your resume and portfolio through our website by clicking the Apply Now button.Apply Now ▹