Gordon F. Anderson DIALOG Graduate Scholarship in Structural Engineering
Established in partnership with the University of Alberta in 2001, this scholarship is intended to encourage students to pursue advanced study in structural engineering. It is awarded annually to a student entering the first year of a graduate program. The successful candidate must:
- be entering her/his first year of the MEng, MSc, or PhD program
- be enrolled as a full-time student
- have an outstanding overall academic record
- demonstrate potential as a researcher
- have excellent communication skills.
The scholarship is for $5,000, payable at the end of the first successful term of enrolment.
Applications will be accepted annually between September 1 and November 15. Letters of notification will be sent to all applicants in December.
Students entering the first year of an MEng, MSc, or PhD program in Structural Engineering at the University of Alberta.
How to apply
Send a letter describing your qualifications and career plans, along with current academic transcripts and a curriculum vitae, to Sean Brown at ac.ngisedgolaidnull@nworbs.
More information about the University of Alberta’s Department of Civil Engineering and structural engineering program is available at: engineering.ualberta.ca/structures
How the winner is selected
Senior members of the DIALOG structural engineering team will review the applications and rate them using the following criteria to determine the overall winner.
- interest in the structural engineering field, especially building or bridge engineering
- demonstrated potential as a researcher
- overall academic record
- communication skills
- community involvement