DIALOG Graduate Scholarship in Structural Engineering at UBC
Established in partnership with the University of British Columbia in 2019, this scholarship is intended to encourage students to pursue advanced study in structural engineering. It is awarded annually to a student entering the first year of a graduate program. The successful candidate must:
- be entering her/his first year of the MEng, MASc, or PhD program
- be enrolled as a full-time student
- have an outstanding overall academic record
- demonstrate potential as a researcher
- have excellent communication skills.
The scholarship is for $5,000, payable at the end of the first successful term of enrolment.
Applications will be accepted annually between November 1 and December 1. Letters of notification will be sent to all applicants in December.
Students entering the first year of an MEng, MASc, or PhD program in Structural Engineering at the University of British Columbia.
How to apply
Send a letter describing your qualifications and career plans, along with current academic transcripts and a curriculum vitae to ac.ngisedgolaidnull@spihsralohcs
How the recipient is selected
Senior members of the DIALOG structural engineering team will review the applications and rate them using the following criteria to determine the recipient.
- interest in the structural engineering field, especially building or bridge engineering
- demonstrated potential as a researcher
- overall academic record
- communication skills
- community involvement