- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- Walterdale Bridge is an icon for integrated design. It is functional but artful, and integrated into the everyday experience of those who use it.
- Where do you find inspiration?
- In the everyday – whether it is something beautiful or particularly functional, or something that could be better designed, we are surrounded by reminders that the little things can make all the difference.
- What could turn any bad day into a good day?
- A walk with my dog, Steve, can always be depended on to turn a bad day into a good day.
Andrea is an experienced Landscape Architect who joined our team in the fall of 2017. She is passionate about design excellence and aims to create spaces that support a rich user-experience and promote community wellbeing. Andrea strives to not only meet the needs of users but also to reveal how a place can be used, now and in the future.
Andrea has over twelve years of experience across a broad range of landscape architecture project settings, types, and sizes. Her project work ranges from sidewalk patios to municipal plazas, through to campus master plans and rural community planning. She has experience in all design phases but has a particular passion for collaborating on the big-thinking that drives a design concept.
Andrea values an integrated approach to design and believes that teamwork is the key to successful project delivery.
Big ideas – thinking about possibilities, beyond boundaries and assumptions, about the past, present, and future - is what inspires me and my work.Andrea Kennedy
- Master of Landscape Architecture University of Manitoba
- Bachelor of Science, Environmental Sciences University of Guelph