- What's your favourite DIALOG initiative?
- United Way Campaign because it spans over a few weeks and has a plethora of activities to participate in. There's something for everyone. It also creates a good vibe and buzz in the office.
- How do you spoil yourself?
- Go with my husband or friends for footies (hour long foot massages).
- What's one quote you live by?
- "It is always possible." —Dalai Lama
Belinda has been a senior planner with us since 2017 and has strengthened our planning and urban design team. She is passionate about helping communities create a vision for their future and plan for positive change. Belinda approaches her work with a blend of placemaking practices and experiential knowledge. From emerging and mature neighbourhood projects to greenfields to large mixed-use infill developments in established communities, Belinda has done it all.
Belinda's forte is master planning and policy implementation for transit-oriented infill developments. She was involved in the Mill Woods Town Centre Redevelopment, a large and complex project that turned a traditional low-density shopping mall into a higher density mixed-use development. She also worked on Station Lands, a high-density, mixed-use, master-planned community in Downtown Edmonton.
Belinda collaborates with and manages large interdisciplinary teams of professional consultants and stakeholders. She works closely with municipal staff, political leaders, and community groups to build consensus and earn support and approvals. Belinda merges her experiential skills and training from the International Association of Public Participation Certificate program to lead community engagement events.
When she's not working on all things planning, you can find Belinda in the kitchen. Belinda is also an active volunteer and devotes her time to helping out charities like the Mustard Seed and Women's Emergency Accommodation Centre. In her downtime, Belinda appreciates travelling and spending time with family and friends.
The way a place makes people feel determines whether it is truly a great place. We create great places through collaborative planning, looking through the lenses of multiple disciplines and experiences.Belinda Morale Smith
- International Association of Public Participation Certificate Program International Association for Public Participation
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Studies Queen’s University
- Bachelor of Applied Arts, Urban & Regional Planning Ryerson Polytechnic University