- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- Calgary Cancer Centre by far the most significant project I was part of. Fascinating for its complexity, fast paced environment, sheer number of design and technical consulting teams that collaborated in integrated way. Once completed it stands to “deliver leading, comprehensive cancer care that integrates patient and family centred care, education, prevention, screening and research” (NCCC Vision).
- What’s your favourite pastime?
- I'm obsessed with design of any kind, architecture, interiors art, and beauty created by nature.
- What’s one skill (outside of work) that you’d like to learn?
- To get my hands dirty and learn to how build a building with my own hands.
Biljana arrived in our Vancouver studio in October of 2016 as a healthcare architect, joining our small but mighty Vancouver healthcare team led by visionary Lynn Webster. Bringing over 25 years of experience with her, Biljana’s expertise, in all aspects of design, is finely honed towards the planning and construction of major building typologies.
From research, lab and medical teaching facilities, to civic and industrial buildings, Biljana is not one to shy away from complicated, big-scale projects. For the past 15 years, her portfolio contains an impressive roster of highly complex healthcare and hospital building across Canada and the United States – many with budgets of over $1 billion.
Today, Biljana occupies a senior role with our team. As a project architect, she coordinates internal teams and external consultants, while also liaising between clients, city authorities, and various other project stakeholders. Also a senior healthcare planner, Biljana is involved at all stages of project planning and design in alternative project delivery (P3 and Design-Build), in both compliance and procurement settings.
As an experienced project architect specializing in healthcare, Biljana dedicates her expertise to project delivery – ensuring every detail of a project’s lifespan is carefully addressed, from inception to construction.
- Master of Architecture University of Sarajevo