- If you could work a ‘day in the life’ of another discipline at DIALOG, whose would it be?
- Design technology.
- What gets you excited to start your day?
- A morning run, then an early start at the studio.
- Do you have a passion project outside of work?
- I've started to develop a comprehensive family tree.
- What do you listen to while you work?
Cameron has nearly two decades of experience working on a wide range of projects. He started with Cohos Evamy in 2002, and then after a few years working abroad, returned as a DIALOGer in 2012. Cameron is a commercial, retail, and mixed-use sector team leader in our Calgary and Toronto studios. Cameron works collaboratively with all groups. He generates proven results though leadership, project commitment, technical excellence, and his ability to build and motivate large teams.
Cameron most recently led the Curtis Block mixed-use development in the Calgary Victoria Park Beltline community. This project includes two residential towers, a lower podium with animated street front retail and amenities, and townhome units. He was also the project architect lead for the Brookfield Place Calgary Office tower development, a 2.8 million sq ft project in the heart of downtown Calgary. In 2008, Cameron worked in Nassau, Bahamas on the new 247,000 sq ft departures terminal at Sir Lynden Pindling International Airport.
Technology is changing architecture and city-making, and Cameron is driven by exploring the ways our team can develop and use new technology to do great work. Reducing costs, increasing effective communication, and bridging the gap between design and construction are just a few ways he hopes to make a lasting impression with his work.
We are at an interesting crossroads where technology will continue to cause unpredictable disruption in the AEC industry. I am excited to understand and embrace new ideas, technology, and ways to collaborate. Together, we can create positive changeCameron Veres
- Master of Architecture Dalhousie University
- Bachelor of Environmental Design Studies, Architecture Dalhousie University
- Bachelor of Arts, Geography University of Calgary