- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- Urban Green Cohousing has been one of my favorite to be a part of. It has allowed me to work directly with an amazing client group who cares deeply about community-minded and environmentally responsible living. The project offers multi-generational living, a shared common area that allows residents to cook and socialize with one another, building on a strong sense of community.
- Do you have a passion project outside of work?
- A 36”x48” acrylic painting, it’s a few months in the making. Also, renovating my 1950’s bungalow.
- What’s your favourite pastime?
- Back country hiking and any outdoor activity in the summer.
- What could turn any bad day into a good day?
- A dance party.
Carolyn joined our team in 2015 and she works on a variety of project types as an intern architect with a focus on multi-family residential and mixed-use developments. Carolyn’s interests lie in uncovering how mindful, site-specific architecture and urban planning can benefit a community and the lifestyle of its residents. She played an instrumental role in the first phase of the master-planned community Station Lands and the Mill Woods Town Centre Redevelopment.
Carolyn focuses on design strategies that can improve the physical and mental health of its users by encouraging citizens to engage with their environment and community. Carolyn believes that urban planning and design should facilitate a positive shift in lifestyle by providing an opportunity for play and social interaction among all generations.
A common thread throughout all her project work is Carolyn’s keen ability to listen and interpret project needs. Coupled with a high level of dedication and accountability for the success of all her projects, Carolyn is trusted and respected by clients, contractors, and coworkers alike. She is fun to work with because she genuinely cares about the success of the people and organizations with whom she works.
I’m excited to come to work every day because I get to work with passionate, inspiring people who, like me, want to see Edmonton become a better place to live, work and play.Carolyn Keeley
- Master of Architecture Dalhousie University
- Bachelor of Environmental Design Dalhousie University
- Bachelor of Arts Thompson Rivers University