- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- Calgary Central Library. I had the pleasure of working on this iconic building right from the schematic design through to completion of construction. Given the site challenges and unique design, it played right into my passion.
- Where do you find inspiration?
- I am inspired by the architects and designers who aspire to create an aesthetic not tried or proven. This challenges my knowledge and ability through detailing and building envelope technology to find a solution that meets the design vision.
- What’s your favourite pastime?
- What's one quote you live by?
- "It's is not a road block, just a detour, we will figure it out."
David is an expert project manager, job captain, and contract administrator with 43 years of professional experience. He joined our team in 2000 and is the architectural technologist resource manager for our Calgary studio. David is responsible for staffing projects moving into production. He is known to build and maintain sound working relationships with clients and contractors from start to finish.
Thriving on attention to detail and working closely with the design team and clients, David makes sure the design vision is carried through the construction documents and into the built space. David's contract administration responsibilities allow him to collaborate with the construction manager to make quick decisions during construction to keep the project moving smoothly.
David has a passion for solving challenges. One of his favourite sayings is, "it's not a road-block, just a detour." Whatever issues may arise during the design or on-site in construction, David finds the best solution to fit the unique design needs of the project. Clients can expect total dedication and quick responses from David. He is devoted to keeping projects on-schedule and putting the client's best interest first.
David works closely with the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology's Architectural Technology Program. He hosts and mentors students in our Calgary studio for their annual one-week practicum.
I wake up every day knowing that new challenges will come my way, challenging the ability to be creative and find solutions to issues that arise. I know that despite my years of experience, I can learn from those who are just entering this great industry.David Maksymec
- Diploma in Architectural Technology Northern Alberta Institute of Technology