- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- Bankers Hall. The first tower just finished construction when I moved to Calgary. It was, and still is, a very different design statement to the traditional glass and mirrored tower.
- What’s your favourite mode of transportation?
- A convertible – nothing more stress relieving than putting the top down and enjoying the great Alberta sky (no matter the temperature outside).
- What’s one thing about you that would surprise people?
- In NE Calgary, there is a house named after me (Miner House) as a tribute to my leadership at Horizon Housing Society, a nonprofit organization committed to housing Calgary’s mentally ill.
David is a key member of DIALOG’s retail studio and is actively involved in a wide variety of mixed-use, residential and retail development projects across Canada. His focus and passion for the past 30 years has been the retail sector where he encourages clients to push boundaries, explore innovative solutions, and change the dialogue within the industry. A successful relationship-builder, David has established long-lasting connections with Canada’s leading real estate development companies.
David is a natural problem-solver with a proven ability to unite talented teams to shape a strong user experience. He is passionately focused on intensification of properties through integrating retail, residential, and hospitality building types. The successful completion of the JW Marriott tower (part of Edmonton’s iconic ICE District), showcases David’s ability to lead and negotiate a large, diverse team though complex issues and construction challenges.
I have been fortunate to have a career that provides the freedom and creativity to work with colleagues and clients to create physical buildings that are expressions of our collective ability to work together to improve the community and city.David Miner
- Master of Architecture Montana State University
- Bachelor of Architecture Montana State University