- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- The building renewal project at Ramsay Wright at the University of Toronto. The project included labs, both teaching and research, specialized lighting control, a vivarium and aquatics labs with a back-up generator mainly to keep the animals comfortable during an extended power outage. It was also the first major project I did after joining DIALOG.
- What’s one skill (outside of work) that you’d like to learn?
- One or two more languages. I'd like to know them well enough to converse comfortably with native speakers.
- What’s your favourite mode of transportation?
- I'm liking the GO train at the moment as our new studio is a 10-minute walk from Union Station and my home is almost as close to Pickering Station.
David began his decades-long career in electrical engineer as a technician and is now a senior project manager in our Toronto studio.
He has contributed his expertise to a variety of local and international projects, including projects in Russia, Morocco, and Dubai. A DIALOGer since 2016, David’s responsibilities have ranged from project design and production to project management, site supervision, and contract administration.
David’s diverse technical background and breadth of experience include leading electrical, telecommunications, security teams as well as audiovisual staff management and development. He brings a meticulous approach to his project design and production work.
An important element of his work is liaising with electrical design staff to make sure that their requirements are addressed and included in the final project contract document.
David has been the recipient of numerous lighting design awards and has also served as a judge for many international design awards for the Illuminating Engineering Society.
I look forward to each and every day at DIALOG. I feel privileged to work with so many creative and inspired design professionals on projects that vary from small to large, simple to complex, single discipline to a fully integrated team.David Young
- Business Management Fundamentals University of Toronto
- Drafting Technician George Brown College