- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- MacKimmie Complex, Block and Link.
- Whose work are you most impressed by?
- Love the design conversation with Robert Claiborne.
- What's your favourite DIALOG initiative?
- Aspire DIALOG – what an incredible display of talent across the country!
- If you were to change your career, what would you do instead?
- Fighter pilot (I'm an Air Force brat).
Doug is a senior architect and the Studio Managing Partner in the Calgary studio. He is passionate about design and believes in a collaborative approach to problem solving.
Doug’s experience encompasses a broad range of building types including the CP Rail Pavilion, winner of a Calgary Mayor’s Urban Design Award and Bankers Court which was the first LEED® Core + Shell Gold certified project in Canada. Doug is currently leading the team for the University of Calgary’s MacKimmie Complex and Professional Faculties Redevelopment project. As well, he has provided design leadership for the $1.6B International Facilities Project at the Calgary International Airport which opened in 2016. TELUS project work in Doug’s portfolio includes TELUS Sky and TELUS Lenwerry/7th Ave Campus.
He has served as a councillor and committee member with the Alberta Association of Architects and as a member of the executive of the Council of Educational Facilities Planners International Alberta Chapter. Doug currently acts as a committee member with the Consulting Architects of Alberta and is a guest critic at the University of Calgary Faculty of Environmental Design, Architecture Program.
- Bachelor of Architecture University of Waterloo
- Bachelor of Environmental Science University of Manitoba