- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- Francis Winspear Centre for Music. Most major cities have two iconic public buildings: city hall and their concert hall. Being the electrical engineer on the Winspear Centre was a career highlight.
- What’s your favourite mode of transportation?
- Trains. Unfortunately, you have to go to Europe or Japan to really experience how great this mode of travel can be when done right on a large scale.
- What do you listen to while you work?
- British pop music. On my playlist is Kylie Minogue, Dua Lipa, Anne-Marie, Rita Ora, Jess Glynne, Ellie Goulding, and more.
Since joining us in 1988, Ed has been the electrical team leader on many of our largest, most challenging projects. Ed brings an abundance of electrical engineering experience to the design and construction of our commercial, institutional, residential, and industrial projects. He's well-versed in the design of lighting, power, life safety, and communication systems.
Ed takes pride in working with clients and designers to develop technical solutions that offer user functionality, low maintenance, and low energy consumption. One of his mantras is: "provide cost-effective and sensible electrical engineering solutions to meet the real-world requirements of our clients."
Ed has been a LEED® accredited professional since 2004. His expertise in lighting design and advanced lighting controls has contributed to the success of many of our LEED® certified projects in Edmonton. Ed has worked on significant projects like the Edmonton International Airport Control and Office Tower, the Edmonton Valley Zoo Entry and Wander, Edson Healthcare Centre, and the Royal Alberta Museum.
My hectic drive to work is made easier knowing I'll be walking into a cool studio space and working with some very dedicated and talented people.Edmon Pon
- Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering University of Alberta