- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- Walterdale Bridge. Innovative design ideas and critical thinking resulted in an elegant and complex bridge. It was a pleasure to be a part of this project from design through construction.
- What's one quote you live by?
- “Treat others the way you like to be treated” through empathy, compassion, being courteous and helpful.
- What's one 'pro tip' you live by?
- The only thing you can control is your own behavior – it took me years to learn that. People will forget what you say, people will forget what you do, but no one will forget the way you make him/her feel. And from my father, don’t be too tough and don’t be too smart.
Gamal brings more than 30 years of diversified experience in structural design and concrete rehabilitation work to DIALOG. His portfolio of projects varies across the different sectors of the building, bridge, and civil infrastructure engineering industries. Gamal also has a background in the design and analysis of structures using innovative construction materials and techniques.
Gamal’s ideas are founded in an appreciation of his project’s performance objectives and exhibit deep understanding of the architectural design narrative. Gamal is a hands-on engineer who likes to be involved from conceptual design through to construction.
He has international project experience designing commercial, office, and industrial buildings. He’s also been involved in several investigation programs for structural evaluation and the assessment of existing buildings. Throughout his career, Gamal has co-authored numerous technical papers and received many awards in recognition of his academic and research abilities.
- Master of Science, Civil Engineering University of Calgary
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering Ain Shams University