- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- The Kaye Edmonton Clinic. It's a great example of successful collaboration between disciplines, project teams, and stakeholders. We helped to create a state-of-the-art facility that makes a real difference for many in need of health related support.
- What conversation topic could you never resist?
- If you could live a ‘day in the life’ of someone else, who would it be?
- The President of the United States (well, maybe not some of them). I've always wondered what it is exactly they do.
Georg Josi is not afraid to think outside the box. As an advocate of international design excellence, he is creatively leaving a mark on buildings, tunnels, bridges, and rail infrastructure projects in Canada and the US. Georg grew up in Switzerland, where he began his career before moving to Canada in 2006. Once here, he earned two postgraduate degrees in structural engineering from the University of Alberta while embracing a culture of innovation, creativity, influential ideas, and hockey.
Georg is the Studio Chair in our Edmonton studio. He is a hard-working team player who proudly bridges understanding between all design disciplines. Georg believes in action through passion and his approach to achieving success is equal parts enthusiasm, diligence, sincerity, and inspiration. Georg is a compelling leader who can expertly collaborate with large, diverse groups to achieve positive results. His projects center around urban infrastructure, including transit design, sustainable urban integration, and other community-building initiatives.
When he’s not collaborating with fellow DIALOGers, Georg enjoys reading, listening to music, and playing soccer. During the winter months, you can find Georg skiing in the Rockies with his wife, playing hockey, or travelling to briefly escape the Canadian winter.
I'm constantly inspired by all the great people around me. Their potential to achieve anything, and tackle any challenge and opportunity, is incredibly exciting.Georg Josi
- Doctor of Philosphy, Structural Engineering University of Alberta
- Master of Science, Structural Engineering University of Alberta
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne