- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- Walterdale Bridge. Working shoulder to shoulder with architect Donna Clare and landscape architect Doug Carlyle to deliver an iconic structure that draws people to the North Saskatchewan River valley and is a point of pride for the citizens of Edmonton.
- What’s your favourite mode of transportation?
- A bicycle (year-round). It's a nice way to unwind on the way home from work, and I enjoy riding in groups and travelling to interesting places in the world on cycling trips.
Jim has been leading our structural engineering team since 1988, and is responsible for the project management, structural design, and construction review of bridge, building, industrial, and civil engineering projects across Canada. He is committed to working with our design and construction teams to achieve innovative, reliable, and serviceable structures within project deadlines and budget constraints. Jim has a down-to-earth leadership style he uses to bring out the best in his teams. He also enjoys working with contractors and coordinating various engineering disciplines on a project.
Jim is widely recognized as a leader in engineering both within and outside of DIALOG. Jim won the 2007 Centennial Leadership Award from the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta. Earning the most prestigious award offered by the engineering profession in Alberta is a testament to Jim’s accomplished and influential career. He also received the Consulting Engineers of Alberta Lieutenant Governor’s Award for Distinguished Achievement in 2010, and became a fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineers in 2012.
It's exciting to work with talented people to deliver integrated projects that meaningfully improve our communities.Jim Montgomery
- Doctor of Structural Engineering University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Master of Science, Structural Engineering University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering University of Alberta