- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- The Pediatric Emergency Department at the Walter C. Mackenzie Hospital in Edmonton. This was a complicated infill project. It's very satisfying to see our projects not only work, but work in a way that benefits the users. In this case, sick kids. Doesn't get any better than that.
- Do you have a passion project outside of work?
- Yes anything with wheels. Cars, motorcycles, bicycles. I've had many. The correct number of motorcycles/sports cars to have is the current number plus one.
- Where's your happy place?
- Maui, Hawaii. My wife and I have been there six times. Not nearly enough.
John has specialized in engineering design and technical document creation for his entire career. A DIALOGer since 1994, John’s design work spans a wide variety of building mechanical systems throughout Canada and abroad. Over 35 years of experience working with multidisciplinary teams has given John a unique perspective and appreciation for project scope and direction. John manages mechanical production in our Edmonton studio and the development and application of BIM and Revit standards. John is also a valued mentor to the whole mechanical engineering team.
I am a firm believer in our philosophy that design can improve our communities and environment. We are here to make a difference. A positive difference.John Schultz
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology Northern Alberta Institute of Technology