- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- The Calgary Cancer Centre. The project best exemplifies the ability of an integrated design team to collaborate on a large scale and make a significant impact of the health and wellbeing of society through the design of a sustainable and healthy built environment. Being fortunate enough to play a small role in such a strong team of great people is a humbling and gratifying experience.
- What’s one item you won’t leave home without?
- A pen and something to write on. In a fast-paced technology focused world, writing helps slow things down, clarify thoughts, and add creativity to problem solving. You’re not bounded by any rules on a piece of paper.
- Where's your happy place?
- Quiet early mornings with a cup of coffee.
Josh joined DIALOG in 2012, starting his journey as an aspiring mechanical engineer in the HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and building automation industry in the Calgary studio. In 2018, he moved east to Toronto, taking with him his passion for the healthcare industry and healthy building design.
Josh is fortunate to have contributed to numerous projects across Canada, including two of the largest healthcare infrastructure projects in Alberta in the past decade: the Calgary Cancer Centre and Grande Prairie Regional Hospital. His contributions span all phases of design from conceptual design through to contract administration and substantial completion. He’s worked closely with numerous project teams, disciplines and stakeholders to provide quality engineering solutions that meet the specific project objectives and requirements.
Josh recognizes that built environments have a significant impact on the health and wellbeing of communities, and he passionately believes that designing healthy buildings is best accomplished through a collaborative, integrated design team.
- Bachelor of Engineering University of Victoria