- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- Edmonton Valley Zoo. It offers so many unique qualities: the noteworthy construction methods that include a rammed earth wall and exposed glulam beams, the interactive features that bring visitors up close and personal in the educational space, and the accessibility to the community are just a few key things that make this my favorite project.
- What’s in your office snack drawer?
- You'll find Candy Cane Christmas tea and an assortment of 5 cent candies usually.
- What do you listen to while you work?
- I'm a podcast junkie and when I am listening to something while working it is usually a true crime podcast.
Katherine started her career with us in 2007. Her work spans a diverse range of projects from institutional, healthcare, airports, and multi-use towers. This vast project experience and the unique integrated working environment of our studios, has allowed Katherine to develop strong technical construction detailing skills. She coordinates with design teams from all disciplines, to produce her construction documents.
Katherine is a champion of the implementation and continual growth of Building Information Modelling (BIM). She sees the value that BIM has brought to our team, as well to our clients, and the benefits that this ever-changing technology will bring. Contributing to the creation of spaces that are not only visually appealing, but will also withstand the test of time and the natural environment, is one of Katherine’s missions. She thrives on creating great production documents and always enjoys learning new things along the way to pass on as a mentor to the team.
Everyday I look forward to the opportunity to be working in a field that is of great interest to me that in turn helps enhance people lives and experiences all while surrounded by a great group of people!Katherine Ryle
- Bachelor of Arts, Art & Design University of Alberta
- Diploma in Architectural Technology Southern Alberta Institute of Technology