- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- St. Joseph Seminary. This was a fully integrated project that included close coordination with our client, all of our design disciplines and the construction manager. We created design solutions through early involvement with trades and taking advantage of a design-assist approach to solving complex architectural detailing. The building is visually inspiring and technically impressive.
- What do you listen to while you work?
- A full eclectic range covering classical, jazz, old time rock n' roll, rap, movie soundtracks and themed albums.
- What’s one thing about you that would surprise people?
- I had dinner with Fidel Castro.
- What’s your favourite pastime?
Keith leads the specifications team in our Edmonton studio and has helped build the high standards of specifications excellence firm-wide. Before joining DIALOG in 1997, Keith honed his skills on projects across Canada and internationally in Cuba, Egypt, Japan, and Costa Rica. On top of offering technical solutions on a variety of major projects, Keith's role also involves research and development for unique documentation that is shared with the construction industry.
Keith is a renowned leader in the specifications field, and is committed to fostering the next generation of specifiers. He has developed and instructed several courses including the construction administration program at the University of Alberta, which explored topics such as sustainable material selection, understanding construction specifications, and introductory blueprint reading.
Keith approaches his work with an eye towards sustainable construction. Since 2004, he's participated in over 80 LEED®-certified silver and gold-rated projects, three platinum-rated projects, and one Living Building Challenge project. Above all, Keith believes that the key to a successful project is to have informed engagement and shared decision-making opportunities for everyone involved.
I come to work each day with the goal of changing the world using small steps, to make it a better place to live and find reasons to inspire my team members towards the same ideal.Keith Robinson
- Registered Specification Writer Construction Specifications Canada
- Diploma in Architectural Technology Northern Alberta Institute of Technology