- What's your favourite DIALOG initiative?
- The Milestone event is the best initiative. Every studio takes the time to recognize the employees and their accomplishment and showcases why DIALOG is a great company to work for.
- What’s your favourite pastime?
- Enjoying a good cup of coffee on a Saturday morning catching up on the latest tech!
- Where's your happy place?
- My favorite place to unwind and be is at the local neighborhood pub. There is nothing better than enjoying a cold pint and recapping all of the thoughts from the day to create a plan for the next day.
Kenny has been a key leader on our technology team since his arrival in 2008. Throughout his career, he has supported many of our large-scale projects including, Brookfield Place, New Central Library, and the Calgary Cancer Centre. One of his initiatory projects with us was the Calgary IFP, which offered the hugely satisfying technical challenge of transitioning from AutoCAD to Revit. Kenny is currently responsible for all aspects of technology that enhance employee experience, remote working, and cross-studio collaboration.
Kenny is passionate about creating a positive impression of technology service at every touchpoint throughout our employee and client lifecycle. He is respected by peers and leaders alike for his perseverance and positive attitude. Always ready to jump in and go beyond his current job description to fill gaps, Kenny dives into detail where needed, identifying risks so that we can become a stronger team. His attention to detail is welcomed and often utilized by his colleagues: no request is too small or too complicated for Kenny to tackle head-on and resolve quickly.
I always thought I was just a technology professional. Since working at DIALOG, I realize I am part of each project team. Every time I drive by or walk through a building designed by DIALOG, I am proud to have been a part of the team and something larger.Kenny Thurston
- Diploma in Computer Engineering Technology Southern Alberta Institute of Technology