- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- I was so excited when I heard we had won the new Centennial College – A-Block Expansion project. This project represents so much of what the world needs more of. Net Zero carbon. Mass Timber. A building focused on community. I was glad to be part of the team to make this a reality.
- How do you spoil yourself?
- Each day, I drink one cup of really good coffee. Life is too short to drink bad coffee.
- What’s your favourite mode of transportation?
- Rain or shine, I love commuting to work on my bike. It’s a great way to wake up in the morning and burn off steam at the end of the day.
Krigh Bachmann is the leader of digital innovation for DIALOG. Focused on the research and implementation of emerging technology in the AEC industry, his focus is keeping us practicing at the leading edge. Some of his most recent initiatives include developing a Smart IoT Studios for DIALOG's Toronto office, and developing new processes to integrate generative design and BIM kit of part libraries with prefab/modular construction. He has successfully implemented maker labs in DIALOG's studios which house the latest digital hardware (e.x. 3D printers, VR, and Matterport cameras) our teams need to communicate and explore their designs.
Always on the lookout for the latest tech, Krigh has a keen interest in leveraging new and innovative technologies to improve both the designs his team produce and the method by which they are created.
Krigh is also an active member of the national AEC community, chairing the Prefab Modular Offsite Construction Think Tank in the Canadian BIM Council (CanBIM). He is always looking for ways to keep the industry moving forward, drawing on his international experience. He joined DIALOG in 2016 after returning from 8 years in the UK, where he was the BIM Manager for Gensler and Pollard Thomas Edwards in London.
Krigh enjoys sharing his experience and knowledge with others and has presented at Autodesk University 2020 and 2017, BiLT NA 2017, Digital Shoreditch Festival, the London Revit user group and was an active member of the national BIM for Local Government task group in the UK.
- Bachelor of Design OCAD University