- If you could work a ‘day in the life’ of another discipline at DIALOG, whose would it be?
- It’s a tossup between Architecture and Interior Design. While I try to engage the artistic side of my brain in my role I’d love to exercise my creative flare more (although my sketching skills could use some improvement).
- Do you have a passion project outside of work?
- Dog agility. The sport has allowed me to build deepened and rewarding relationships with my dogs (Dale and Keji) while continuously increasing expectations of myself.
- What's one 'pro tip' you live by?
- I’m trying to no longer dwell on matters I can’t control and focusing my energy on matters I can influence - sometimes I need a friendly reminder.
Larissa is passionate about working on infrastructure projects that enhance the public realm and shape the wellbeing of communities for future generations. Throughout her experience working on high-profile, large, and complex civil infrastructure projects, she always strives for win-win-win solutions. Larissa advocates for city-building visions and motivates colleagues and stakeholders to maintain these visions when navigating conversations around project constraints and conflicting interests. She is currently working as a design manager for the Valley Line LRT, a multi-billion dollar project, to confirm Sustainable Urban Integration (SUI), public art, landscaping, environmental facilities and structures, and that project agreement requirements are met to achieve the City of Edmonton’s vision. As a young professional, Larissa is energetic and passionate about the projects she is involved with and thrives in fast-paced and challenging environments. She enjoys problem-solving and brings a creative way of thinking to her multidisciplinary teams.
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering University of Alberta