- If you could work a ‘day in the life’ of another discipline at DIALOG, whose would it be?
- Urban Planning! As a long time resident of one of the most notable neighborhood design successes in Canada (St. Lawrence, Toronto); I have an awesome appreciation for how urban design can have a real impact on community health and wellbeing. I’m an urbanist at heart!
- What’s one thing about you that would surprise people?
- I am currently renovating a 160 sq.ft. “ice house” (formerly used to store giant blocks of ice from Georgian Bay as a passive refrigerator) into a tiny cottage for my family.
- Do you have a passion project outside of work?
- In my spare time, I am passionate about researching and advocating for cooperatives as a model for affordable urban housing.
- What’s your favourite mode of transportation?
- My commuter kick-scooter.
- Where's your happy place?
- Grace Lake, in the Killarney Provincial Park backcounty, in a canoe, with my schnauzer.
After spending the first part of her career as an architectural designer and contract administrator, Laura joined the DIALOG specifications team in 2014 to develop her passion for specifications and contract law. Her wealth of experience in producing specifications for all project types and contract methods demonstrates her capacity for interpreting and communicating complex project requirements, contributing to her project successes. As a risk manager, her ability to evaluate solutions based on research and precedent adds value to her project teams.
Laura’s passion is crafting construction documents to meet specific project needs, with a special focus on fostering communication between team members. She understands the design process and the importance of forming specifications that support a design vision for a project. As a document control specialist, she carefully tracks decisions and documents throughout the life of a project, supporting continuity and accountability from schematic design through to contract administration.
Laura takes a strong interest in sustainable design solutions and has been a LEED® Accredited Professional since 2009.
- Bachelor of Architectural Science Ryerson University