- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- The Scott and Brown Families Advanced Imaging and Gamma Knife Centre in Edmonton, AB.
- If you were to change your career, what would you do instead?
- I'd own a pastry shop and focus my creative energy on beautiful edible treats!
- Where's your happy place?
- Anywhere on a beach with my family!
Magda is a registered architect and partner specializing in healthcare. She joined our Edmonton studio in 2014 and has more than 15 years of progressive design experience in many healthcare project types in Alberta and Ontario. Having completed two masters degrees in the health sciences, Magda's in-depth knowledge of the healthcare sector provides a valuable critical lens for her work.
As a design architect and clinical planner, Magda works on projects ranging from small renovations to large hospital redevelopments, in both urban and rural settings. She is devoted to collaborating closely with all project stakeholders to find solutions to complex clinical and architectural problems. Magda is passionate about delivering compassionate healthcare design to improve the quality of the most vulnerable moments in people's lives.
Magda's thoughtful leadership style promotes a team-centric, collaborative culture in our Edmonton studio, which is reflected in our work. As an alumna of the second cohort of BuildDIALOG, DIALOG's internal leadership development program, Magda hopes to lead by example and inspire her peers to reach their fullest potential.
The most vulnerable moments of your life—good or bad—happen at a hospital. Healthcare designers need to understand the importance of that.Magdalena (Magda) Warshawski
- Master of Architecture University of Toronto
- M.A International Health Curtin University of Technology
- Bachelor of Health Sciences McMaster University