- Where do you find inspiration?
- In nature. If I get stuck or frustrated, I head outdoors.
- What’s your favourite mode of transportation?
- I'm an equal opportunity transportation nerd: biking, walking, transit (bus/train/ferry/cable car/incline), or driving my electric car.
- What’s in your office snack drawer?
- Trail mix, granola bars, crackers, and an earthquake emergency kit.
- What's one quote you live by?
- "If not you, who? If not now, when?" (Hillel)
- Where's your happy place?
- Camping on a beach or in a redwood forest.
Mara joined DIALOG in 2021 as an architect with more than 20 years of experience in sustainability, urban planning, research and teaching. Informing her approach to design, Mara leverages a deep expertise in sustainable design, including energy, water, materials, and human health and wellbeing. In addition, she holds extensive knowledge of LEED, WELL and Fitwel rating systems. For her, design solutions are two pronged: places that create healthier and happier people, and strategies that build or rebuild a healthier environment.
Prior to joining DIALOG, Mara served as a Principal and Sustainable Design Leader with a global design firm. Her work experience has included large, complex projects for clients such as the San Francisco International Airport, the University of Michigan, Kaiser Permanente, Los Angeles County, and Humber River Regional Hospital, to name just a few.
An accomplished facilitator, Mara is also a public speaker, published author and an online faculty member of the Boston Architectural College Sustainable Design Institute where she teaches Green Building and Health and Sustainable Design of Healthcare Facilities.
- Master of Architecture; Master of City and Regional Planning University of California Berkeley
- Bachelor of Arts, Architecture Washington University