- Where do you find inspiration?
- I observe most things around me: people, faces, buildings, and their details. I take inspiration from the things around me. I enjoy travelling to places that are remote and places that are very congested, and I take the time to observe and soak in their intricacies.
- What’s your favourite pastime?
- Spending time with my family and travelling.
- What’s your favourite mode of transportation?
- Definitely public transportation or biking, I avoid driving in the city. On longer travel adventures, I prefer longer drive over a plane to get me to a destination.
- What three things would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
- It's hard to think of just three things but it would probably be something super practical – food, shelter, and clothing.
Margaret is a licensed architect with the Ontario Association of Architects and an associate in our Toronto studio. Since joining us in 2010, she has worked on a variety of project types, including retail, office, hospitality, industrial, commercial, and healthcare.
She participates in design development and construction documents to tender, as well as the execution of construction contracts right up to occupancy.
Margaret manages and leads technical teams, delivering projects of various sizes and complexities. She is skilled in the technical areas of design, including construction details, multi-disciplinary team coordination, and construction administration.
Margaret looks forward to the intricacies and problem-solving that make every workday different. She starts with concept design as an opportunity to learn about the project, identify its challenges, and analyze and develop construction details using practical solutions. Margaret is an enthusiastic teacher, leader, and mentor.
Outside of the office, she is a role model for her two teenage daughters, who challenge her as much as her project work.
When she's not helping her daughters with their homework, Margaret enjoys planning family adventures, riding her bike, and skiing in the winter months. She loves taking long city walks, exploring the hidden gems of her hometown, and winds down in the evenings with family discussions over a homemade meal.
- Bachelor of Architecture University of Toronto